Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Decisions & a Neon Sign

Today I made some decisions about the next few months of my life, and quite frankly it was an easy task (which is incredible shocking). Last night, while browsing, I found this picture, and if it isn't a neon sign telling me what to do, I don't know what is. 


I think that message of this is extremely powerful, especially seeing how much pressure is put on higher education (or is that just the pressure I put on myself? hah). After going through three semesters it has become increasingly obvious to me how difficult it is to maintain grades, have a job, be social, and have time for yourself. I applaud those who can maintain all aspects of their lives (like seriously, YOU ROCK), however, I am not one of those people. I have put myself through hell the past two semesters trying to make it work, and enough is enough for me. Change will not come if I keep repeating this pattern. 

By no means am I saying I am quitting school, because that is not my intent. With that being said though I am dramatically cutting my course load for the next semester. This will give me the time to excel in the classes I decide to take, as well as have time to grow myself as a person and to explore all the possibilities I have in my life. 

After all, 'no homework assignment is more important that actually living your life'. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips